Other Names:Acide Formique; Acido Formico; Ameisensaeure; Bilorin; Collo-Bueglatt; Formira; Formisoton; Hydrogen Carboxylic Acid; Kwas Metaniowy; Kyselina Mravenci; Mierenzuur; Myrmicyl; Methanoic Acid; Formic Acids
Molecular Formula: HCOOH
UN No.: 1779
CAS No.: 64-18-6
EINECS No.: 200-579-1
Hazard Class: 8
Appearance: Transparent Colorless Liquid
Formic acid, commonly known as formic acid, is the simplest carboxylic acid. Colorless liquid with a pungent odour. It is very acidic and corrosive, which can stimulate skin blistering. Exist in the secretions of bees, certain ants and caterpillars. It is an organic chemical raw material and also used as a disinfectant and preservative.
Our formic acid meets Chinese national standards, as well as European and American standards.
|Colour Index ≤||10||10||10|
|Dilution test (Acid+Water)=1+3||Clear||Clear||Clear|
|Chlorides,As CL % ≤||0.0005||0.0005||0.002|
|Sulfates,As SO4 % ≤||0.0005||0.0005||0.001|
|Metals,As Fe % ≤||0.0001||0.0001||0.0001|
|Non-volatiles % ≤||0.006||0.006||0.006|
Formic acid, systematically named methanoic acid, is the simplest carboxylic acid and has the chemical formula HCOOH. The chemical composition is HCOOH. It is an important intermediate in chemical synthesis. The word Esters, salts, and the anion derived from formic acid are called formates. Industrially, formic acid is produced from methanol.
Formic acid is a colorless liquid having a pungent, penetrating odor at room temperature, not unlike the related acetic acid. It is miscible with water and most polar organic solvents and is somewhat soluble in hydrocarbons. In hydrocarbons and in the vapour phase, it consists of hydrogen-bonded dimers rather than individual molecules. Owing to its tendency to hydrogen-bond, gaseous formic acid does not obey the ideal gas law. Solid formic acid, which can exist in either of two polymorphs, consists of an effectively endless network of hydrogen-bonded formic acid molecules. Formic acid forms a low-boiling azeotrope with water (22.4%). Liquid formic acid tends to supercool.
|Package||Drum No.||Net Weight per Drum||Net Weight per 20'FCL|
|IBC Drum||20.00||1200 KG||24 MT|
|35KG Drum||720.00||35 KG||25.2MT|
|220KG Drum||80.00||220 KG||17.6 MT|
1. Formic acid is as a preservative and antibacterial agent in livestock feed.
2. Formic acid is also significantly used in the production of leather and rubber, including tanning, and in dyeing and finishing textiles because of its acidic nature.
3. Formic acid is also used in place of mineral acids for various cleaning products, such as limescale remover and toilet bowl cleaner. Some formate esters are artificial flavorings and perfumes.
4. Formic acid is used as a miticide against the tracheal mite (Acarapis woodi) and the Varroa destructor mite and Varroa jacobsoni mite.
5. Formic acid can be used as a fuel cell (it can be used directly in formic acid fuel cells and indirectly in hydrogen fuel cells).
6.Formic acid as an intermediary to produce isobutanol from CO2 using microbes.
Protect packages from damage and keep them well closed. Store in a cool, well ventilated, dry and shaded area. Avoid inhalation, ingestion and contact with eyes and skin.
Our chemicals can be tested by an impartial third party, such as SGS, BV, ISO, CE, etc.
1. Quickly and timely response
2.Quick and professional Delivery of chemicals
3.Professional technical support and after-sales service
4.Full set of Hazard Chemical Exporting Licenses
5.Continuous and stable supply chemicals with professionally deal Bulk Vessel, ISO Tank and containers transportation